Information on ECCS Cloud Email
Updated: July 20, 2016
February 22, 2016
A new ECCS cloud e-mail began operation from April 2016 as cloud email service for all academic and administrative staff and students with an ECCS Account.
- The mailing service uses gmail from the Google Apps for Education (google.com) (https://www.google.com/edu/products/productivity-tools/)
- Email domain is g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp, and users can set the local part (the part of the email address before @).
- Password for the email can be set by using the UTokyo Account provided by the information system headquarters from April 2016.
- If you do not have an UTokyo Account, it can be set using the ECCS Account.
- "Single Sign-On" was available with the previous system, but as the ECCS Cloud Email is now a separate account from UTokyo Account the mailing account cannot have the same password as UTokyo Account. Furthermore, we have decided to not give the password information of the university system to the Cloud service provider.
- For more information, please refer the following link.
- Notification How to use ECCS Cloud Email
For academic and administrative staff who have an ECCS account, you are able to use the current email system for ECCS 2012 until the end of August 2016. After August, staff should use the system for ECCS2016 (ECCS Staff Email) using the mail server which will be placed on campus. In addition, please take a look at the following links.