[Terminal] How to lock the screen on iMac
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Updated: September 20, 2017
March 22, 2016
Lock the computer screen if you leave your seat for a short time.
Please make sure to log out of the terminal instead of locking the screen if you leave your seat for a long time.
In the event that a member of the Center finds a terminal has been logged on but the user has been absent for an extended period of time, the terminal will be forcibly restarted.
- Click "Lock Screen" after selecting keychain access icon (padlock) from the menu bar located at the top of the screen.
- ※The keychain icon will be displayed by taking the following steps if it is not on the menu bar.
- Open the Finder
- Select Applications
- Open "keychain access" in the Utilities folder
- Click "Preferences" after selecting "keychain access" from the menu bar at the top of the screen on the right.
- Tick "Show keychain status in menu bar" under the "General" tab
Start menu ▷ Click "Lock" after selecting your account name(10 digit number) on the upper left side.