How to use ECCS Cloud Email- Initial setting etc. -
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Updated: June 07, 2016
June 07, 2016
The following are basic instructions for setting up and using the ECCS Cloud Email.
Initial settings -To be done in advance-
When you start using ECCS Cloud Email for the first time, you need to set a password which is different from your UTokyo Account password. Furthermore, users are able to set the local part (the part of the email address before “@”) of the email address.
Please log in to the UTokyo Account User Menu and follow the procedure to finalize your preparation to use ECCS Cloud Email.
- Set the password from the "ECCS Cloud Email (password)" in the UTokyo Account user's menu.
- The "Password Change" link in the upper left of the users menu is for changing the password for the UTokyo Account and the ECCS Cloud Email password cannot be changed through this link.
- The name displayed on Gmail can also be changed.．
- Check your email address from “ECCS Cloud Email (mail address)” and change the local part if necessary.
- You can change the local part (the part of the email address before @) by yourself.
- The domain name is @g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp
- Once you change the local part, you will not be able to change it again for 30 days.
- Please wait for the changes to the password, displayed name and email address to be reflected on the system．
- The updating process occurs once-an-hour on the hour.
- Therefore, it can take up to 1 hour for the data to be updated on the system.
For details of about settings, please refer to the Hyper Workbook 11.2 ECCS クラウドメールの初期設定 (available only in Japanese)
General Use -Instructions and Notes for users who have already completed the above procedures-
- Enter your email address and password for ECCS Cloud Email in the regular Gmail login interface (mail.google.com) or ECCS Cloud Email login interface .
- The procedures once you have logged onto the ECCS Cloud Email is the same as that for Gmail.
- If you would like to read emails through email clients, please refer to the Google help Use IMAP to check Gmail on other email clients.
- Please use your own local part @g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp as your account and username.
- However, some applications may be restricted for use with ECCS Cloud Email.
- Password can be changed only from UTokyo Account User Menu．
- If you try to change password from the Gmail interface, you will be redirected to the UTokyo Account User Menu.