How to restore files
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Updated: March 11, 2021
July 15, 2016
ECCS terminal can restore a past file (up to 14 days ago).
Restoration method in the Windows environment.
- Right-click the on folder you want to restore, and click “properties”
- Select the “previous versions” tab.
- A list of restorable folders is displayed in the “folder versions”
- Double-click on the folder you want to restore. Then you can access the folder and choose to “open”, “copy” or “restore” the folder.
Restoration method in the Mac environment.
- Open the Finder.
- Select “as columns” from “View” on the menu bar. ※The system can only restore in the column display style.
- Select “Go to Folder” from “Go” on the menu bar.
- Enter the code [/home/User ID/.snapshot] into the dialog box, and click the “Go” button.
- If you use a terminal to restore the file.
Open the terminal and enter the following code.
＊For "YYYY-MM-DD", enter dates like (e.g. "2021-03-05").
Move to the file you want to restore, and copy it to your desktop, etc.