[ITC-LMS] Automatic registration by enrollee in the ITC-LMS and the online system for academic affairs
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Updated: August 09, 2016
August 09, 2016
The automatic link function of ITC-LMS enables the registered course information and enrollee's information on the online system for academic affairs to be automatically registered on the ITC-LMS. However, please be aware of the following points.
- Enrollee's information for each course will be automatically registered to the ITC-LMS a few days after the course registration period starts. Please be aware of the course registration period differed depending on the term, graduate school, faculty and department, so the timing for registration to show up on the ITC-LMS will also differ with each course. (Please confirm with the person in charge of the academic affairs office of your graduate school/faculty for more details).
Please note that in some cases, you may not be registered on the ITC-LMS as a course participant before the class starts.
- Registration for a course by the course administrator (temporarily enrollment registration) using the ITC-LMS is available in addition to the automatic registration of the participant for the course through the automatic link. If self-registration is allowed, the enrollee freely makes temporary registration for the course. However, please note that students who did not enroll for the course using the online system for academic affairs may be registered as a course participant in the ITC-MS. If a student attends the appropriate course as an enrollee, make sure to tell them to enroll for the online system for academic affairs also.
- If a student does not enroll for course using the online system for academic affairs, the status for the student will remain as a temporary registered enrollee on the ITC-LMS regardless of how they registered.
- Once students register for a course using the online system for academic affairs, they are automatically registered as an enrollee to the corresponding course on the ITC-LMS. If you drop the course through the online system for academic affairs having registered as an enrollee on the ITC-LMS, your status will change to a "temporarily registered enrollee" from "enrollee" on the ITC-LMS. It is also possible to switch the eligibility to access the course content by selecting "Registered enrollees + temporarily registered enrollees" and "Registered enrollees only" on the ITC-LMS.
- Once the registration period for each course has passed, the eligibility setting will automatically change to "Registered enrollees only" (it is possible for the course administrator to manually change the setting to "Registered enrollees + temporarily registered enrollee" again).
- Registering/unregistering for a course using the ITC-LMS does not mean the information will be reflected in the course enrollment information of the online system for academic affairs.
Make sure to instruct the students to register/unregister for the course using the online system for academic affairs.