Temporary unavailability of some services due to DNS failure
Updated: October 07, 2016
October 07, 2016
The following services were unavailable during the period mentioned below due to DNS server failure, which
the ECCS and related services query. This problem has already been solved.
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to all of the users.
- Date of occurrence: Oct.5, 2016 19:57~23:20
- Range of Influence
- ECCS Staff Email, Mailhosting
- Sending of emails delayed for up to three and a half hours as the sending server could not query the DNS server.
- We have not yet been able to confirm any impact to receiving emails. However, the action of forwarding emails have been affected by the same problems.
- ECCS wired LAN
- As the name address server, which automatically assigns names to terminals had ceased working, no communication was possible except for a small part which did not require DNS querying.
- We have not yet confirmed any impact of this failure to other ECCS and related services.
We will provide updates on this website as soon as any are found.