Apology for the delay in sending email to ECCS Cloud Email service
Updated: August 24, 2018
August 24, 2018
We have confirmed that emails sent from MailSuite were delayed when addressed to gmail.com (including @g.ecc) and outlook.com (including @mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp) accounts.
We have confirmed that any delay was resolved by 8/21 14:30.
However, it has been reported that some emails addressed to gmail.com are sent without any problems, but some are returned by error.
If an email you sent does not reach recipients, please check whether an error message has returned or not.
We apologized for the inconvenience this may have caused.
We consider that setting up SPF on the sending domain may reduce the delay.
If there are users still experiencing delays in sending emails to the email servers mentioned above, please consider setting up SPF.
This is available continuously from now on.
- 【For administrators】 Recommendations and Precautions for setting up SPF (currently available only in Japanese)
- If you are using Gmail as your forwarding address, please consider the following countermeasures as well.
- outlook.com(including mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp)：The issues have been resolved by 17:00, August 16.
- New emails addressed to mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp have been sent successfully without delay since August 16, 13:30.
- Emails addressed to other universities, companies or research institutes using Office 365 have also been sent successfully without delay.
- Emails that were queued before 13:30 on August 16 are now being delivered sequentially. Please wait until the emails are sent.
- All queues created by August 16, 7:00 have been delivered. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- gmail.com(including g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp):The issues concerning sending emails to g.ecc.u-tokyo have been resolved.
- As of 13:00, August 16, there is still some delay in sending emails addressed to gmail.com accounts, with some emails taking up to 10 hours to be delivered.
- Emails sent to other universities, companies or research institutes using Gsuite seem to be experiencing similar delays.
- An error message will be returned notifying that an email is blocked. Please work on this matter on the user's side also.
- As of 13:00, August 16, new emails addressed to g.ecc.u-tokyo have been sent normally.
As of 13:00, August 16, all queued emails addressed to g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp have been sent.
- As of August 17, although delivery of emails considered as SPAM are still delayed. All emails addressed to gmail.com are not being considered as SPAM mail, and we have confirmed that emails considered as non-SPAM are being sent without delay. However, please note that the system is likely to consider more emails as SPAM rather than non-SPAM.
- All issues of delay due to this error have been resolved by 14:30, August 21. However, we have confirmed that emails can be sent without any problem but some are returned by error.