Effects of the campus network failure (restored)
Updated: September 07, 2018
September 07, 2018
A failure in the Campus network of the University of Tokyo occurred approximately between 8:30 am and 9:41 am on September 7. Due to this failure, network connection interruption within on-campus as well as between on- and off-campus occurred somewhere between a few seconds to a few minutes. (reference-accessible only on-campus:UTNET Network failure occurred around 8：40am on Friday September 7)
As a result of this failure, we have confirmed that ECCS, ITC-LMS and MailHosting services were affected as follows.
- Failure to send/receive emails through accessing the ECCS Staff Email/MailHosting service's mail server (using both the mail client and Webmail).
However, no problems were detected with accessing the ECCS Cloud Email from off-campus.
- Delay in sending/receiving emails.
- Unable to access ECCS-related web servers (announcement www server, secure www server, lecture www server, WebDAV server) and ITC LMS server.
- Slow performance on the ECCS terminals, and inability to access off-campus servers.
- Interrupted connections to ECCS wired LAN.
- Slow performance, or total inability to use the Remote Access Environment.
We apologize to all users for any inconveniences this may have caused you.