The next generation of LMS (operation scheduled in March 2019)
Updated: March 01, 2019
January 10, 2019
The Learning Management System, ITC-LMS, introduced in March 2014, will end its fifth year of operation soon. A new LMS will start operating from March 2019. This website will keep you updated about the next LMS with its overview and future schedule.
Main changes from the current ITC-LMS
The next generation of ITC-LMS is a LMS which has had some parts of the current ITC-LMS modified.
The main changes are listed below.
- Please use the new LMS with a single sign-on (SSO) when using your UTokyo Account.
- It is possible to login to the current ITC-LMS with an authentication information saved on the ITC-LMS. However, users will only be able to log into the new LMS using SSO.
- The only exception is when the "Temporary accounts for training sessions" is used, which is available for ECCS training sessions that are held only for a short period of time.
- Exchanges of messages between academic and administrative staff, TAs and students will be available.
- The design of the bulletin board (tentative title) will be changed to one that is similar to general chatroom or other messaging applications.
- Student names will be displayed on the web interfaces for academic and administrative staff.
- The current system does not display the student names.
- You will be able to automatically receive notifications of information updates such as new assignments or course materials on your LINE account in addition to normal emails.
- Integration with external tools using LTI will be available.
- Trial operation of a portfolio system will start.
- The overall screen design will be changed.
The following schedule may change depending on the work situation.
- 9AM on Monday, February 25, 2019: Operation of the current ITC-LMS will be stopped
- Data on the current ITC-LMS will be migrated to the new ITC-LMS.
- Data on the LMS cannot be accessed until the operation of the new ITC-LMS starts.
- Please do not set deadlines for assignments or tests.
- Please download all necessary data before the scheduled shutdown if you need to refer to such data on the LMS in order to grade students etc.
- Friday, March 1, 2019: (trial) Operation of the new ITC-LMS will start.
- Tuesday, March 19 at Komaba Campus, and Wednesday, March 20 at Hongo Campus: Information session for ITC-LMS for academic staff will take place.
- April 1, 2019: Operation of the new ITC-LMS will start.
Main update information of this website is as follows.