New Account Application (for Academic and Administrative Staff, Researchers, etc.)
Updated: March 17, 2021
March 02, 2020
- The following describes the necessary procedures for academic and administrative staff, etc. (excluding students) to obtain the right to use ECCS.
- ECCS Cloud Email has been made available to academic and administrative staff who have a UTokyo Account, even if they have not obtained the right to use ECCS. Please refer to “How to use ECCS Cloud Email-Initial setting etc.–” for the details on how to use it.
- Please refer to “New Application (for Students)” on how to apply for the right to use ECCS for students (undergraduate and graduate students, research students).
- You will be able to use ECCS terminals once you have obtained the right to use ECCS.
- Academic and administrative staff, including emeritus professors and part-time lecturers, etc., who have a UTokyo Account can apply for the right to use ECCS.
How to apply
- Please log in to the ECCS Application Menu (idm.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp).
- After logging in to the Application Menu, select “ECCS利用申請書” (ECCS application form) from the “申請書作成” (create an application form) window in the application menu.
- Enter the required information and click the "Submit" button.
- The application will be automatically approved, and you will subsequently be granted the right to use ECCS.
How to apply
Announcements from ITC
- Various announcements from ITC will be posted on the ECCS website.
- Important announcements related to each account will be sent to the corresponding ECCS email address provided by ECCS.
- If you do not use ECCS email service regularly, please be careful not to miss important emails from ITC by setting up email forwarding to your regular email address.
Main points of changes from February 2020 and earlier
The use of ECCS services was changed in February 2020. The main points of changes are as follows
|February 2020 and earlier||After March|
|ECCS Cloud Email||Available for those who have the right to use ECCS||Available for those who have a UTokyo Account|
|Application for the use of ECCS||Application by full-time academic and administrative staff only (part-time lecturers needs to apply by the proxy)||Available for those who have a UTokyo Account|
|Approval to Application for the use of ECCS||Approval by ITC is required||Automatic approval|
|Application for the use of ECCS (by the proxy)||Application by proxy (full-time academic and administrative staff) is available||Application by proxy (full-time academic and administrative staff) is available (no change)|
|ECCS Staff Email||Available for those who have the right to use ECCS||No longer issued|
Expiration Date for ECCS Account
According to the University of Tokyo Rules on the Use of ECCS, the period of use of the ECCS is until the end of the particular academic year of use. However, this was changed at the end of the 2018 academic year (March 31, 2019) so that you will be able to continue using ECCS automatically. If your UTokyo Account is valid, you can continue to use ECCS without any special procedures.
If you no longer wish to use ECCS account, please be sure to submit an “Application for the Deletion of ECCS Account".
Please refer to the announcement “Deleting Your ECCS Account" for further details.
- The UTokyo Account (an account for the University of Tokyo)is an integrated account that provides information services for members of the University of Tokyo (students as well as academic and administrative staff). For more details, please visit the web page for the UTokyo Account on the Division for Information and Communication System or the UTokyo Account page on UTokyo-Atlas (accessible only from the on-campus network).
- The account with which you access the on-campus systems such as“人事情報MyWeb” (personnel information MyWeb), “就労管理システム”（work management system) or the online system for academic affairs (UTAS) using your username and password is the UTokyo Account (an account for the University of Tokyo).
- A UTokyo Account is provided to members of the University who are accepted by and managed by the organization of the University. Please confirm with the administrator of the personnel information system of your affiliation first if you do not know whether or not you have a UTokyo Account.