Additional information about an Email of “[Notice] Those who will be leaving the University of Tokyo following graduation, retirement, etc.”
Updated: March 03, 2021
March 03, 2021
On February 26, 2021, the person in charge of the ECCS provided by the Information Technology Center sent an email titled “[Notice] Those who will be leaving the University of Tokyo following graduation, retirement, etc.”
Some users contacted the Information Technology Center saying that they had no plans to leave. However, this email had been sent to “all users of the ECCS Cloud Email” (anyone who has an email with the address - email@example.com).
We apologize for causing you any concern.
Frequent Asked Questions are as follows.
- I will be employed as an academic/administrative staff of the University of Tokyo after graduating from the university/graduate school. Can I continue using the same ECCS Cloud Email as before?
- It may be possible. Please inform us your UTokyo Account as a student and the new UTokyo Account provided to you as a staff.
- I will be on temporary leave from the university but will be back in the future/I will be an emeritus professor/I am a part-time lecturer who is in charge of a class provided for a part of the semester in every academic year. Can I continue to use the ECCS Cloud Email?
- It may be possible. If your UTokyo Account is valid, you can use the ECCS Cloud Email. Therefore, please contact the administrator of the personnel information system of your affiliation first, to see whether or not your UTokyo Account can still be valid in another status while you are on temporary leave.
- I plan to take a leave of absence/have been taking a leave of absence from the university. Can I use the ECCS Cloud Email?
- ECCS Cloud Email is available even while you take a leave of absence from the university so long as your UTokyo Account is valid while taking a leave of absence.
- I am still enrolled in the university. However, I’m worried because I received this email.
- The UTokyo Accounts for those who advance to the next grade・go on to the graduate school immediately・re-enter the university・become a research student, is not changed, and as such you can continue to use your ECCS Cloud Email (e.g. those who graduate from the university on March, 2021, and enter a graduate school on April, 2021).
- If your UTokyo Account has changed, please contact the administrative office of your affiliation because this will be due to a error when registering your UTokyo Account.
- If a period of absence occurs (e.g. those who graduate from the university on March, 2021 and enter a graduate school on September, 2021)・your UTokyo Account will expire if there is a break in your enrollment. Therefore, the ECCS Cloud Email linked with that UTokyo Account will expire.
- The UTokyo Account will not be changed if you go on to the next year/graduate school or re-enter the university after a certain period of time.
- If the period of absence is less than six months, it may be possible to re-use the same ECCS Cloud Email (including email address, Google Drive, etc.) as that before you left.
- If the period of absence exceeds six months, you will not be able to use the same ECCS Cloud Email.