Major changes with ECCS2021
Updated: April 14, 2021
March 12, 2021
This page gives a brief introduction on how to use each system of the ECCS2021, focusing on the changes from ECCS2016.
- Most terminals are iMacs like ECCS 2016, but there are some Mac minis.
- The Mac mini has its main unit installed on the back of the display and the power button is located on the unit.
- The display is generally operated with the power left turned on (will be in the power saving mode when the main unit is not turned on). However, the previous user may turn the monitor power off. In that case, please turn on the power.
- There is a changeover switch under the display allowing you to connect your own PC to the display. If you are in the mode to display the input from an external PC (LED2 is lit), press the push button switch to switch to the mode to display the image from the Mac mini (LED1 is lit).
- As of February 19, 2021. The home directory of ECCS2016 users has been transferred to ECCS2021, and the settings files of the macOS environment have been taken over. The files in the Windows environment have also been taken over, but some settings for the user profiles have not been taken over yet.
- As of March 1, 2021. Even if you change the settings of the macOS environment (addition of Dock, settings for each application, etc.), it disappears after the terminal is restarted.
- This is due to a macOS bug that fails to rewrite the plist format files under ~/Library/Preferences/ when there is a home directory on the network. For the time being, please reset the settings every time you log in. You can edit the plist file directly using the plutil command, but in that case, only attempt this after you have carefully look it up and are certain of what you are doing.
- The URL has been changed. The new URLs are also shown in the menu on the left side of this site as follows.
- Please make new settings for "Web Publication" and "Delivery Folder".
- For details, please refer to WebDAV environment．
Remote Access Environment
- The host name of the SSH server has been changed.
- For details, please refer to SSH Server．
- The server for checking the amount of your file usage, your usage history and uploading your SSH public key has been changed to https://portal.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/
- However, as of March 1, 2021, the "Check the amount of your file usage" does not work properly. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Microsoft Office (Windows environment)
- You are required to activate each time you start up.
- Enter your UTokyo Account ID (common ID (10-digit number)@utac.u-tokyo.ac.jp) and its password.
- For details, please refer to "【Windows環境】Microsoft Officeを使う際のライセンス認証について"(currently available only in Japanese)