[ECCS Cloud Email] Use of ECCS Cloud Email where the local part is the common ID
Updated: March 16, 2021
March 16, 2021
Google for Education, provided as “ECCS Cloud Email” by the Information Technology Center (The Center), enable users to use an email address which combines a local part (the part of the email address before @) set up by users and the email domain of “g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp”.
Furthermore, the Center sets up an alias where the local part is the common ID of each user (user ID of the UTokyo Account) other than the above local part. For example, even though a user may set up the local part as they choose, the user can be specified from the following alias if this user’s common ID is 1234567890.
Using this alias of the common ID enable you to do the followings.
- Send emails using the alias to contact students or academic staff whose common ID you know.
- Register students or academic and administrative staff with their alias as a member of a Google group.
- Specify users who share Google Drive and Google Calendar with their alias.
- Specify users to corresponding email addresses issued by their affiliation with new Mailhosting service.
- ECCS Cloud Email is available to any students or academic and administrative staff who have a UTokyo Account.
- Before you start using ECCS Cloud Email, please refer to the announcement “How to use ECCS Cloud Email – Initial settings, etc.-“
- Please note that academic and administrative staff and students may not necessarily be using the ECCS Cloud Email.