Handling of UTokyo Accounts when advancing to graduate school or changes in affiliation/status of academic and administrative staff, part-time lecturers and emeritus professors, etc.
Updated: September 05, 2022
August 29, 2022
The following describes handling of UTokyo Account when advancing to graduate school or there is a change in affiliation/status of academic and administrative staff, part-time lecturers and emeritus professors, etc.
Continuity of UTokyo Account
- Students will continue to use the same UTokyo Account ID when advancing to graduate school, re-enrolling the university or changing faculties/graduate schools.
- Academic and administrative staff (including part-time academic and administrative staff and temporary staff) will continue to use the same UTokyo Account ID even if their affiliation or status is changed.
- However, a new UTokyo Account ID will be issued when your status changes from a student to an academic and administrative staff.
- If the UTokyo Account ID is changed in any case other than the above mentioned cases, it is assumed that there has been a mistake in the registration process. Therefore, students should contact the academic affairs office of your affiliation. Academic and administrative staff should contact the section handling personnel and general affairs of your affiliation.
Expiration of UTokyo Account (Basics)
- Your UTokyo Accounts will become invalid following graduation or retirement, etc. basically at the end of the final month of your enrollment period in the university such as at the end of March or September. However, please note that in some cases you may not be able to use it immediately after the graduation or completion ceremony.
- Your ECCS Cloud Email account becomes invalid at the same time as the UTokyo Account becomes invalid. Once the account has become invalid, you will no longer be able to access the various services, and consequently you will lose any saved emails or study and research works that are saved on Google Drive.
- Your right to use the ECCS will continue automatically while your UTokyo Account is valid, even if the academic year changes. If your UTokyo Account expires, your will no longer have the right to use ECCS, and you will lose your study and research works such as data saved on the ECCS terminal environment.
- Your UTokyo Account will not be revoked if you go on to the graduate school immediately from an undergraduate faculty/college (including going to a different graduate school from your current faculty/college).
- In principle, your UTokyo Account as an academic and administrative staff will not expire even if your affiliation or status changes so long as there is no gap in the period of your enrollment.
Expiration of UTokyo Account (Part-time Lecturers/Emeritus Professors)
- If you are a part-time lecturer, etc. and there is no continuity in the period of your enrollment (assignment period) over to the following academic year, you will not be able to continue using your ECCS Cloud Email account and ECCS since your UTokyo Account expires during or at the end of the academic year.
- Even if you double as a part-time lecturer and emeritus professor, your UTokyo Account will expire at the time when term of your enrollment as a part-time lecturer ends.
- If you newly become a professor emeritus, your UTokyo Account will expire at the time when you leave the University of Tokyo at the end of March, since the official announcement will be issued around July.
- If the above applies, it is possible for the expiration of your UTokyo Account to be avoided, so before leaving the University of Tokyo, part-time lecturers should contact the academic affairs section of your faculty/graduate school, and emeritus professors should check with the personnel section in general affairs of your affiliation.