[Obsolete] Use of ECCS during a leave of absence
Updated: June 20, 2017
March 27, 2013
Obsolete page. 古いページです．内容が正しくない可能性があります．
The use of ECCS will be temporarily suspended during a leave of absence.
- ECCS related services, including the use of terminals, connection of mobile devices, and the systems of each faculty/graduate school that is provided using the ECCS account will become unavailable.
- You will not be able to access your home directory, but the Information Technology Center (ITC) will not delete the information.
- After returning to the University, you will be able to use the ECCS related services once more with your UTokyo Account.
- After March 2016, the SSL-VPN service is made available with the UTokyo Account ("UTokyo Student Account" before March 2016). This means that you do not need to attend the new user information seminar for the use of SSL-VPN services, allowing you to still use the SSL-VPN even during a leave of absence.
Use of ECCS during a leave of absence from the University
If you take a leave of absence due to academic or personal reasons, the ECCS services are available only if you have a permission from a full-time academic supervisor or administrative staff in charge of academic affairs. In such an event, ask a full-time academic supervisor or administrative staff in charge of academic affairs to make the online application for the use of ECCS during a leave of absence by proxy.
The ECCS services will usually become available for use the following morning after your application has been accepted. Please contact a full-time academic supervisor or administrative staff in charge of academic affairs whom you asked to make the online application by proxy for the status of your ECCS account.
How to apply
Please refer to the "ECCS代理申請機能手順書" (Manual for use of the new "ECCS Application by Proxy" - available only in Japanese) for details on how to apply.
- Please ask a full-time academic or administrative staff such as an academic supervisor or administrative staff in charge of academic affairs to make your application by proxy.
- After logging in to the “UTokyo Account Application Menu" using their own UTokyo Accounts, select ECCS休学利用申請書(代理) (ECCS Application Form for the use of ECCS during a leave of absence (by proxy)) from the "申請書作成"(create an application form) window in the application menu.
- Enter the UTokyo Account of the student and search (click "対象者検索"). They can then choose the student's name from the search result and fill in all the other information to apply.
- It will usually take two business days to process your application to use the ECCS. You can start using the ECCS with your UTokyo Account from the morning after the second business day.
- The applicant can check whether or not the student's application has been approved through the UTokyo Account Menu.
- Please note that students who are on the leave of absence cannot check whether or not their application has been approved.
- ITC will not notify the applicant by emails or other documents.
When filling in the reason for use
- Make sure to fill in the reasons as deemed by the academic supervisor or other appropriate personnel in the relevant section. A reason may be that a "student who take the leave of absence needs to use the ECCS services for writing papers", etc.
- The application for the use of ECCS during a leave of absence from the university will expire at the end of the academic year. Please apply again if the period of absence, or period for extension extends over the year-end.
Changes in the Way to apply
Students taking a leave of absence from the university were previously required to submit an certification of authorization signed by their academic supervisor, etc. This was changed in January 2017 as it is now possible for the full-time academic supervisor, etc. to apply for the use during a leave of absence of a student using the UTokyo Account Application Menu. There is now no need to supply documents to the Help Desks.