ITC-LMS: Information Technology Center Learning Management System
Description of Functions
- ITC operates the Learning Management System ITC-LMS to support coursework.
- The main functions of ITC-LMS are given in the table below.
- Coursework already registered on online system for academic affairs (UTAS) will automatically be registered in ITC-LMS. However, if you would like to use the ITC-LMS for the those already registered, preregistration is required. Please see the following "Application (academic staff)"for more details.
|Functions||Academic Staff Who Teach the Course ||Student Who Registered the Course |
|Course Materials||Register electronic data of documents for distribution||Download course materials registered by the academic staff|
|Assignments||Download reports submitted by students||Submit reports for the assignments registered by the academic staff|
|Tests||Create and manage online tests||Take tests given by the academic staff|
|Discussions||Create bulletin boards for discussion with enrolled students ||Exchange opinions on the bulletin boards created by the academic staff|
|Questionnaires||Create and conduct anonymous questionnaires||Answer questionnaires anonymously given by the academic staff|
|Attendance||Manage attendance for the course you registered||Register for attendance to the course registered by the academic staff|
|Information||Receive information about the status of assignment submission, etc.||Receive various notifications about your courses such as registered materials, etc.|
Manuals can be accessed and downloaded through the [Manuals] button located in the top right section of the screen after logging on to the ITC-LMS. (Updated February 21, 2017)
ITC-LMS Service Disruption Due to Maintenance
- ITC-LMS performs scheduled maintenance every Tuesday from 12:10 to 13:00 to provide a stable service.
- Please be advised that service interruption・disruption may occur during the maintenance period (special attention required when registering assignments or giving tests).
- If disruption to the service is known to be for an extended period, in principle, we will announce it on this website one week in advance (this will not apply for emergency maintenance).
- There was an ITC-LMS system maintenance on December 9, 2016. Click here for the detail.
- Please refer to the announcement policy "Points relating to System Disruption" (currently available only in Japanese) for services relating to the Campus-wide Computing Research Division.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and request your understanding and cooperation.
How to Use ITC-LMS
- UTokyo Account (for use with ECCS) is required to use the ITC-LMS.
If you do not have the right to use ECCS, you will not be able to use the ITC-LMS normally.
To use the ITC-LMS, you must take ECCS New User Information Seminar.
(ECCS Online New User Information Seminar can be taken through the course of "ECCS seminar"displayed on the screen after logging in to the ITC-LMS.)
- Once you have logged in, you will be able to access the courses displayed on the schedule. When an academic or administrative staff instruct you to "register for the course individually using the ITC-LMS", select the relevant course and register.
For Academic and Administrative Staff
- Any of the following accounts can be used. (However, there are some exceptions.)
- UTokyo Account (must be able to access the "online system for academic affairs” such as UTAS)
- UTokyo Account with the right to use ECCS
- ECCS Limited Account
- Courses displayed on the schedule table can be accessed after logging in.
- For courses which have already been registered through the online system for academic affairs (UTAS), the automatic registration function will register the UTokyo Account of the academic and administrative staff who teach the course as the "course administrator".
Application to Use ITC-LMS (Academic Staff)
- To use the ITC-LMS, either a UTokyo Account, which can access the online system for academic affairs (UTAS) or the right to use ECCS; or an ECCS Limited Account is required.
- Courses which are registered through the online system for academic affairs (UTAS) will be automatically registered on the ITC-LMS also.
- However, the period to register the courses on the ITC-LMS will be about a month before the course begins. For more information, please refer to the following announcement.
- If you are going to use ITC-LMS for the other courses, the academic staff who teach the course must fill out the form below and apply by email to the following address.
- Please state the course code which registered on the online system for academic affairs.
- Make sure to write the details of the UTokyo Account (Common ID, 10 digit numbers) or ECCS Limited Account in the section for the academic staff information.
- Course administrators are able to add the academic and administrative staff to a course on ITC-LMS. For more information, please refer to the following announcement.
Sample application form.
To: The Director of Information Technology Center, The University of Tokyo
I hereby apply for use of ITC-LMS as follows.
I agree to abide by "the Rules on the Use of Learning Management System" when using.
[Information on the course]
Time table code: 08111111
Course: Chinese (Introductory)(1)
Name of faculty: Ai Teishii
Day/Period: Monday, 3rd period
Organization offering the course: Senior Division of the College of Arts and Science
Term/Academic year: Winter term 2016
Information on the academic staff: Provide an online system (UTAS) account for academic affairs (the last 10 digits of the common ID) and an ECCS account
- Please modify the information of the course and academic staff accordingly for each course.
- Make sure to provide the information about the course written on the University of Tokyo Online Course Catalogue.
If the problem cannot be solved by reading through FAQs or Manuals, please contact us by email or come to the Help Desk.
- Help Desk
- Komaba: Room E15 on the 1st floor of the Information Education Building-Open: 9:00~12:00, 13:00~17:00 on weekdays
- lms-support [at] itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp (replace "[at]" with "@")
Please provide the following information with your inquiry.
Details of inquiry
Environment of use(OS (version), browser (version)):
Date of use:
Details of operation performed: