Transition to ECCS2016 Email System
Updated: July 19, 2016
July 19, 2016
Although ECCS2016 began operation on March 1, 2016, the email system will be upgraded during the following period. Please note that the email system will be unavailable during this period.
For students who have been used ECCS email before the 2015 academic year, make sure to transfer your data such as email boxes in the ECCS2012 email system to the ECCS Cloud Email or other storage devices, etc. on your own before August 1 as Information Technology Center (ITC) does not transfer student’s data. ※How to transfer your email data to ECCS Clould Email
Period: Thursday, August 18, 2016
Time: 9:00 ~ (time to be advised) ※We will update on the this website as soon as confirmed.
Please also see the following announcements.
About the transition of ECCS2016 system, please see the "Transition to the Next ECCS2016"
- (Only for students) August 2, 2016 ※It does not affect the ECCS staff email system.
- Email forwarding from the ECCS email address for students (common ID number @ecc.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp) to the ECCS Cloud Email (@g.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp) will start.
(Email forwarding service will be scheduled to end after six months)
- If you set up email forwarding in MailSuite in advance, the email forwarding to the specified address will stop. Your email will be forwarded to the ECCS Cloud Email only.
- As emails saved in the ECCS2012 email system for students will be deleted, make sure to transfer your data, mail boxes, etc, to the ECCS Cloud Email or other mailer by then. Please be advised that ITC does not transfer your data.
- Announcement “How to transfer your email data to ECCS Cloud Email”
- After this transition, we ask students to use the ECCS Cloud Email.
- (Only for academic and administrative staff) August 18 (Thu), 2016
- Transition from ECCS2012 Email System to ECCS2016 Email System
- You cannot use ECCS email system (cannot send/write/read emails) during this period.
- Emails will be received and saved temporarily in the storage during this period, then they will be sent to each user after the transition.
- We will announce on this website after finishing the transition.
Further details will be posted as soon as confirmed.
- Students who have started using ECCS in the 2016 academic year have nothing to do with the Transition of ECCS2016 Email System.
- The ECCS Cloud Email nothing to do with the transition of ECCS2016 Email System and is available as usual during the above transition work.