[ECCS Staff Email] Multi-Factor Authentication
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Updated: November 29, 2016
November 29, 2016
Multi-Factor Authentication for MailSuite
MailSuite has incorporated a Multi-Factor Authentication system to make the login authentication process more secure in August, 2016.
This system is designed so that you cannot log in to your email account without authentication using a one-time password (OTP) valid for only one login session along with the regular login authentication consisting of a user ID and password (basic authentication).
This announcement provides the outline, method of use and important notices for Multi-Factor Authentication.
Important Notices on Multi-Factor Authentication
- This function is disabled in the default setting. Each user can select to enable or disable the function from the settings.
- Multi-Factor Authentication applies only to the Web login. If you receive/send emails through IMAP, POP and SMTP-AUTH, only the regular login authentication method is required.
- You can select one of two ways for Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Send the OTP to another email account
- Download and use the exclusive application for Android phones/iPhones to obtain the OTP.
How to use
- Multi-Factor Authentication is disabled in the default setting. Enable this function by performing the following steps.
- Log in to MailSuite
- Click "Preferences">"Customize My Preferences">"Multi-Factor Auth"
- Tick "Yes" in the "Use Multi-Factor Authentication", then click "Change" on the right.
- The next time you log in to MailSuite, the procedure for the initial settings will start automatically.
- Please refer to the following announcement for more details on the setting up procedures.
If you cannot login to MailSuite after setting up the Multi-Factor Authentication
If you cannot log in to MailSuite because you have forgotten which email address was set up for Multi-Factor Authentication, or cannot obtain the right OTP after deleting the application, etc., please come to the ECCS Help Desks.
- We will initialize or disable the settings. Be sure to bring your Staff ID to identify yourself, and come in person at the Help Desks which is the only section that deals with this issue.