Is it possible to use the same email address of ECCS Staff Email that I was using before?
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Updated: December 20, 2016
December 19, 2016
In principle, if you lose the use of your ECCS account, you cannot use the email address (****@mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp) you were using with that ECCS account.
However, if all of the following conditions are met, it is possible to use the previous email address. Please contact us and tell us your previous email address (local part in front of the @ mark) before you fill in a new application form.
The validity period of the ECCS is from April 1 of the applied year to March 31. If you need to use the account continually, please apply for the continued use of ECCS. If you do not apply, your account will be deactivated.
To continue to use the same email address as before, the following two conditions must be met.
- You wish to continue to use the email address as before when you were using the ECCS with your UTokyo account.
- The same UTokyo Account that you were using with ECCS is still valid.
- It is possible to reuse the past e-mail addresses of ECCS Staff Email, if you apply through the usual online application method from the website of the UTokyo Account' (accessible from the campus network only). Please make sure to contact the person in charge ECCS at ITC.
- If your account has been suspended for more than 1 year, and if no one else is using that email address, then it is possible to apply to use the previous email address.
- Please be aware that if more than 180 days have passed since you have lost use of your account, all your data in the mailboxes and home directories, will be deleted and will not be recoverable. Therefore, in such cases, even if you apply for the same email address as before, you will not be able to read the emails that you received in the past.