ECCS will be temporarily unavailable due to work on the cables between Hongo and Komaba Campuses
Updated: January 19, 2017
January 19, 2017
UTNET announced that work on the cables between the Hongo and Komaba Campuses has been scheduled as follows. As the ECCS network uses the same cable infrastructure, it will also be affected. ECCS services will be interrupted or unavailable during the period.
The following ECCS services will be affected during the cable installation work.
- ECCS terminals, printers, WebDAV, remote access and wired LAN connection.
- These services will be unavailable throughout the campus during the work.
- ECCS Staff Email and MailHosting Service
- User and administrator access will be unavailable during the work. Emails from outside UTokyo received during the installation period will be stored on the sender's side, and based on the sender'server settings, be resent to the UTokyo recipient once the work is completed and our servers are restored.
- DNS Hosting Service
- Administrator access will be unavailable during the work.
DNS reference access to reference servers will not be affected.
- User access will be unavailable during the installation.
Services that require authentication will also be inaccessible whether from the Hongo and Kashiwa Campuses or off-campus, as the authentication servers are located on Komaba campus.
Other services that are not mentioned above will not be affected (except UTNET services that depend on IP transmission between Hongo and Komaba).
We will update this webpage if there are any changes. Please keep in mind to check notifications posted on the website of each service.